How to Factory Reset a Polycom VVX Phone
Polycom’s VVX 300, 400, 500, and 600 Series phones are highly popular office phones, serving thousands of businesses, schools, and organizations across the nation daily. So, when the time comes to reconfigure or reset your VVX Series model for whatever reason, follow these easy steps to get your Polycom phone(s) back to default in no time.
*Note: This blog post is for reference only. We recommend contacting your service provider for specific VVX troubleshooting help.
The following tutorial only applies to the following Polycom VVX models:
- VVX 300
- VVX 301
- VVX 310
- VVX 311
- VVX 400
- VVX 401
- VVX 410
- VVX 411
- VVX 500
- VVX 501
- VVX 600
- VVX 601
How to reset your Polycom VVX phone
- Press and hold buttons 1, 3, and 0 to force the phone to reset.
- Power on the phone and wait for the Starting Application dialog to appear as the phone boots.
- Press cancel to stop the Starting Application dialog.
- The Welcome dialog will count down from 7. During this process, hold buttons 1, 3, and 5 simultaneously to summon the password prompt.
- Enter the MAC address using lower case characters. For letters, select the a->1A mode and press the key the amount of times the letter requires. (For example, the letter “F” would need to be pressed three times.) Since there’s no backspace option, please type the address carefully to make sure there are no errors. However, if needed, you can hold 1, 3, and 5 again to restart the process.
- Once entered, the Polycom phone will have been reset. The new default password is 456.
Additional Polycom VVX help
As previously noted, if you need additional help with your Polycom VVX 300, 400, 500, or 600 Series business media phones, we recommend you contact your current provider for professional assistance and troubleshooting help.
If additional help is needed, DOTVOX is available to answer questions regarding Polycom VVX phones and VoIP